This meeting's topic is distracted driving. Each RSTF meeting focuses on a critical road safety issue facing the Delaware Valley region, selected using a data driven process. This meeting will feature presentations on distracted driving. Following the presentations, RSTF members will break into groups to brainstorm ways to address distracted driving in the region.
Established in September 2005, the Regional Safety Task Force brings together a multi-disciplinary group of professionals to identify safety goals, strategies and resources. The goal of the Task Force is to build and maintain effective partnerships with the purpose of reaching zero casualties from crashes in the region.
1. Welcome and Introductions
2. Emphasis Area Focus: Distracted Driving
- Shannon Trice, Regional Program Manager, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Julian Hoffman, Senior Government Affairs Manager, National Safety Council
3. Action Item Development Breakout Session
4. Member Updates and Open Forum
5. Additional RSTF/DVRPC Updates
RSTF Goal: To reduce roadway crashes and eliminate serious injuries and fatalities from crashes in the Delaware Valley