This meeting's topic is pedestrian and bicyclist safety. Each RSTF meeting focuses on a critical road safety issue facing the Delaware Valley region. These topics are selected using a data driven process that draws on best practices from the state and federal DOTs. This meeting will feature presentations on pedestrian and bicyclist safety. Following the presentations, RSTF members will break into groups to brainstorm ways to address the pedestrian and bicyclist safety in the region.
Established in September 2005, the Regional Safety Task Force brings together a multi-disciplinary group of professionals to identify safety goals, strategies and resources. The goal of the Task Force is to build and maintain effective partnerships with the purpose of reaching zero casualties from crashes in the region.
1. Welcome and Introductions
2. Emphasis Area Focus: Pedestrian and Bicyclist Safety
- Peter Kremer, Senior Supervising Planner, WSP
- John Boyle, Research Director, Bicycle Coalition of Greater Philadelphia
- Charlotte Castle, Vision Zero & Neighborhood Programs Coordinator, Office of Transportation and Infrastructure Systems, City of Philadelphia
3. Action Item Development Breakout Session
4. Member Updates and Open Forum
5. Additional RSTF/DVRPC Updates
RSTF Goal: To reduce roadway crashes and eliminate serious injuries and fatalities from crashes in the Delaware Valley