Dr Francis Collins, the Director of the National Institutes of Health, tweeted that our zipcode at birth - aka our “ZNA" - "is the blueprint for our behavioral and psychosocial make-up." More and more, people understand that where we live not only plays a huge role in determining our physical health, but also our has significant effects on our mental health and general well-being.
This HCTF meeting will explore the intersection of civic space, social cohesion, and mental health. Speakers will discuss this connection, highlighting local examples of programs that use public space to build a sense of community and improve health outcomes. Presenters include:
- Samantha Matlin, PhD, Director of Evaluation and Community Impact, Thomas Scattergood Behavioral Health Foundation
- Laura Torchio, Deputy Director of Transportation Initiatives, Project for Public Spaces
- Meishka Mitchell, Vice President of Neighborhood Initiatives, Cooper’s Ferry Partnership
- TBD, Mural Arts’ Porch Light Program
Please join us!
- 9:00 AM - 9:30 AM: Networking/Registration/Coffee
- 9:30 AM - 12:00 PM: Program
- 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM: Networking lunch
1.5 AICP CM Credits available.